Last night I was putting my 5 year old to bed. We were just hanging out in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. Then he asked me, "What fruit is pink?" I had to think about that one; pink grapefruit is pink in the middle - but not the outside. I could tell he was thinking deeply. Then he said, "Well, there is a fruit for every color of the rainbow....grapes for purple, blueberries for blue, strawberries and "red" berries for red, lemon for yellow, limes for green, oranges for orange....." Here he paused. I was waiting for the rest, very interested by this point in what his mind can dream up. "So, what fruit is pink. I need one for pink in the rainbow." (To all of you who are thinking, "there's not pink in the rainbow" I challenge you to use your imagination!)
Ahhhh, to be a child again. To think so beautifully simply. What a treasure children are!
1 comment:
I read this last week, and have been going through fruits in my mind ever since. The only one I can think of is mango. They're a little bit pink on the outside, aren't they?
Post a Comment