Monday, January 19, 2009

A little lull in blogging...

Life is always interesting, never boring, sometimes a little hurried. Life is also an everchanging "experience", as Sis. Beck would say (those of you who heard her wonderful talk this past Saturday know what I mean by "experience".)

My life is good and I'm seeking to partake of the best things life has to offer. Like quality time with my kids, by which I mean the kind of time where I listen, teach, lead and love - not boss around, yell or dismiss. Or quality time with my husband, of which I am blessed to get several days every month full of time to do that.

This past 2 weeks has been full to the brim with that kind of time, and time to adjust to going back on campus to take a class (not just online), time to accomadate projects being done around the house and the mess and chaos that goes with that. Time to be spiritually fed during Stake Conference.

Honestly though, I haven't taken enough quality time for myself, even though I am doing new things that are for my growth. Like time to exercise, waking up early enough to give myself time to get ready before I leave the house. Time to breath and connect with how I need to balance out my wonderful life.

This week I am going to take that time and breath and find a good balance. Will you do the same for you? Find your balance and take inventory of the great things in your life.... make a little list maybe...

(And I still have 3 days of our DC trip to finsih blogging. It ended up being a good way to preserve those memories and I'd like to finish, you can just skip over those ones if you'd like....I'll never know ;-) ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear about the rest of your trip---

Wendy

Anonymous said...

While your breathing don't forget we have a meeting on Friday. I know, it never ends.

Tammy said...

Breath? Balance? You don't ask for a lot, do you?!? Thanks for giving the challenge. I'll have to try it. :)