
Life is hard. Oftentimes we don't get the things we are praying for, sometimes we are let down by the choices of those around us that we love, and occasionally we are deeply wounded by the actions of others.
I have had times of heartache and sorrow, times when I thought my heart would break into pieces. There have been moments where I felt so completely alone and without comfort...but those moments have never lasted or become who I am, because in those moments the Savior has embraced me and carried me through, and I am learning to let Him.
The gospel is the reason I am who I am, my Savior is the reason for my joy. I am grateful for parents who taught me great truths, I am blessed to be married to a man who encourages me to grow in faith, and I am happy to have the gospel to teach my children.
Remember that the arms of love our Savior has for you are always there. As are the arms of many around you during hard times.
The Atonement Gives Us the Strength to Endure
"The Atonement of Jesus Christ and the healing it offers do much more than provide the opportunity for repentance from sins. The Atonement also gives us the strength to endure 'pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind,' because our Savior also took upon Him 'the pains and the sicknesses of his people' (Alma 7:11). Brothers and sisters, if your faith and prayers and the power of the priesthood do not heal you from an affliction, the power of the Atonement will surely give you the strength to bear the burden."
Dallin H. Oaks, "He Heals the Heavy Laden," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 9
The Lord's Peace Brings Comfort
"Life often feels like a great pile of obligations, frustrations, and disappointments. But the Lord is there, always the same, His arms still outstretched. When we feel overwhelmed, we have to remember the peace He has spoken to us on previous occasions. His peace brings comfort and strength; the world cannot give that to us."
Kathleen H. Hughes, "Remembering the Lord's Love, Ensign," Nov. 2006, 111-12
2 comments:
Thanks Tami - just what I needed to hear today - it's always good to be reminded!
Okay--I feel like a terrible friend because I haven't been up on my blog reading.
You always inspire, uplift, and serve me, and I am constantly buoyed by your example.
Thank you.
I love you.
Post a Comment