Maybe it comes from some desire to teach my boy's independence, or maybe it comes from the fact that over the past 6 years, Mark is never been home for the entire process....planning, cutting, sanding, painting, fine tuning and race day. He's usually here for part of it, but never all. Whether it is a purely moral stance, or just laziness.... my boys do their own work on their car. Have I ever had a son who's car has stolen the show? Nope. Do my son's enjoy the process and feel good about their accomplishment....yes (at least they tell me they do!)
Long introduction over, here are pictures from this year's pinewood derby, car by Joe Carson. He's 10, it's his last derby!
A boy and his car:
Peter watching on, his turn starts next year:
The car:
Lucky boy got to have Grandpa and Grandma Cotton there, PLUS Aunt Laurie visiting from Utah!:
3 comments:
Okay, so I didn't think I was so far behind on your blog . . . but apparently I was wrong.
Your Bullet Bill was awesome, Joe!
Okay, so I didn't think I was so far behind on your blog . . . but apparently I was wrong.
Your Bullet Bill was awesome, Joe!
And now I look like an idiot because it said I didn't type in the right word verification . . .
Post a Comment