I faithfully packed for Texas weather and we headed off to the airport. As we walked towards the counter to check our bags Mark asked me if I finally wanted to know. In one of the best moments of my life, he turned to me and told me we were going to....HAWAII!! A dream come true! The trip was short but sweet. Our time together celebrating our 18 years of marriage was wonderful. Hawaii was amazing and beautiful and surprising. Here are some highlights of our first full day there.
In the morning we went for a hike:

Beautiful, unique plants were everywhere:


It was amazing:

Next was the Dole Pineapple plantation. I was mesmerised by the deep red soil, moist hot air, and tropical plants that we saw on our train ride around the plantation:


The most incredible thing was the Dole Whip, an ice cream like dessert that taste...just like ice cream!! However, it has no dairy! I was in heaven:

The evening was spent walking the beach, eating Hawaiian shaved ice, wandering the international market, and falling in love with the music of three local Hawaiian singers.
2 comments:
GORGEOUS pictures. I especially like the 2nd one and the other one with the water that looks like a postcard. So glad you got to go on such a fun adventure! You, out of anyone I know, deserved a paradisical vacation.
That is so great that you got to visit!!! Isn't it a gorgeous place? Did you get to visit the temple open house or anything?? I'm glad you had such a fantastic vacation :)
Post a Comment