In honor of this HOT weather in Washington I am making a quiz for you. I must admit, I avoided the heat today by taking a day "off" as a mom and shopped only in highly air conditioned locations such as: Pet Store (oops, actually it wasn't air conditioned), Ikea (for a very long, relaxing time), Mall, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and finally the grocery store. Inbetween shops I was in my air conditioned car so humming songs and quoting movies was much easier when I was happily cool.
Here goes. Name the movie, show, or song/artist each quote is from:
1. "It's like a heat wave, burning inside..."
2. "I'm melting..."
3. "I'm so hot for you, and you're so cold..."
4. "Hot child in the city..."
5. "If you vote for me it will be summer all year round..."
6. "Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars..."
7. "Summer loving happened so fast..."
8. "Do you remember,
Or should I rewind,
To that summer when you caught my eye,
I played it cool,
The weather was hot..."
9. "Summertime, and the living is easy..."
10. Write your own and see if you can stump me!
The winner gets a "cool" treat from me...Good luck!
2 comments:
1. Heat Wave, by Martha and the Vandellas.
2. Wicked Witch if the West in Wizard of Oz.
3. Mick Jagger, singing "She's so Cold".
4. "Hot Child in the City", by Nick Gilder.
5. Summer Wheatley in Napolean Dynamite.
6. Quote from the great chick flic Notebook.
7. The Classic song Summer Nights from Grease sung by Olivia and John T.
8. Summertime by New Kids on the Block.
9. Summertime by Gershwin from Porgy and Bess.
10. "Never have anything in your life that you can't walk out on in thirty seconds flat, if you spot the heat coming around the corner"
I win! I win! What do I get?
Well, it kind of spoiled it that Mark got them all right. Except I didn't know any of them except for the #9 Summertime. Oh, wait, I think I got the melting one, too.
Here's my #10: Too hot in the hot tub.
Wendy
Post a Comment